Thank you for choosing Mid North Animal Hospital from the many options you have in veterinary care in Lincoln Park.
We are dedicated to being your pet’s partner in a lifetime of good health. Our caring and knowledgeable staff is on hand when you need us, ready to provide compassionate care and world-class service.
Our office hours are:
- Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
For emergencies during office hours, please call so we can be prepared, and then bring your pet to us right away. After hours, on Sundays, or holidays, please contact MedVet Chicago at (773) 281-7110 or Premier Veterinary Group at (773) 516-5800 or see our emergency care page for more options in your area.
Your First Visit With Us
What to Expect
When looking for a veterinary practice, you should expect high-quality care and excellent customer service. Our veterinarians and staff are devoted to making your experience with your pet be as joyful as possible.
We make the commitment to put your pet’s best medical needs and recommendations at the forefront of our care. We promise to provide a safe, clean, caring environment for your pet, and a lifetime of customer service to you.
Our practice is AAHA accredited, meaning we meet the highest standards in veterinary medical, patient and client care. We thank you for the opportunity and confidence to care for your pet!
We make it our goal to do our best to see you and your pet at a time that is convenient for you. In order to give your pet the best medical attention and provide you with the best customer service possible, we have categorized different types of appointments and schedule them with the following intentions:
- Routine Wellness Visits–These are always timed appointments with the doctor and are scheduled in advance. Wellness appointments include new puppy health check-ups, vaccination boosters, and general physical exams.
- Illness Visits–We do our best to see any existing patient with an urgent medical problem or illness related issue as soon as possible, within a couple of days of when you notify us of your concerns. Often we are working you in between existing appointments as we book up quickly. We recommend you call us at the first signs of illness so that we can schedule your pet’s appointment before they are severely ill.
- Emergency visits–These are our highest priority visits and we do our best to assist existing patients. An emergency visit can be anything from difficulty breathing, severe physical trauma, or extreme illness. In these situations your pet is seen immediately and no appointment is needed. Upon arrival, your pet is taken in back where our doctors and staff stop everything to treat your pet. Our number one focus is to assess the physical status of your pet and ensure your pet is stable above all else. This type of visit comes at a higher cost than a standard illness visit due to the urgent nature of it and cannot always be accommodated. Please always call us first if your pet is experiencing a medical emergency.
- Drop Offs–At times we have specific testing or services that require your pet to be with us for an extended length of time. In these situations, we ask that you drop your pet off with us for the day. This can include sedated visits for nervous pets, certain bloodwork and urine testing, or sick pets when our appointment schedule is booked.
- Surgeries–We have specific surgery days blocked off during the week for procedures such as dentals, spays, neuters, exploratory surgeries, etc. We have a limit on how many surgeries we will schedule in a day so we can provide the best care possible for your pet. Surgeries are typically scheduled in advance, as they require fasting overnight. Our drop-off times are between 7-8 a.m. and we normally schedule pick-up appointments in the late afternoon. All surgical procedures require signed treatment plans that will be reviewed with you at drop off.
Payment is expected when services are rendered. We do not bill.
We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover®, American Express®, CareCredit®), and cash.
We strongly recommend exploring pet insurance options for your pet before illness strikes! Pet insurance companies restrict coverage based off pre-existing conditions. There are a multitude of pet insurances, but we recommend:
When your pet gets ill or injured, we want you to be able to focus on the health and well-being of your pet. Medical insurance can help you deal with unexpected veterinary expenses and provide your pet with the best medical care. Trupanion can cover a significant portion of your veterinary bill (up to 90% of eligible costs*) in minutes. With a Trupanion policy, our clients often pay only their part of the bill at checkout and leave the hospital without waiting for claim approvals and reimbursements. You can learn more about Trupanion coverage and direct payments at Trupanion.com.
Mid North Animal Hospital understands the costly nature of veterinary medicine. When unexpected illnesses or costs occur, we refer our clients to CareCredit, which is a line of credit that specifically works in medical settings, such as veterinary care. CareCredit offers between 6-12 months of no interest on your total bill when all requirements are met, has no annual fee, and low monthly payments. You can apply online for quick approval at www.carecredit.com.